Contributed by Jill Farris
1st, 2nd, 3rd place and People’s Choice will be displayed with the entrant’s name at the Valley Community for Recycling Solutions’ (VCRS) fair booth on the Purple Trail, Miners Loop. Prizes will be awarded thanks to our sponsor, Alaskans for Litter Prevention and Recycling (ALPAR).
1. Materials made exclusively from recycled or previously used materials (40 points)
2. Overall creativity of utilized materials (20 points)
3. Overall attractiveness of artwork (10 points)
4. Weather worthy and/or anchored to make it so (10 points)
5. Lightweight enough to be moved for display purposes (15 points)
6. No more than one square yard in width and length, height limited only by stability (5 points)
1. No sharp or jagged edges.
2. Art should self-supported. Non free-standing art should come with hardware for mounting on the VCRS booth. (Please confirm guidelines for weight restrictions on all hooks).
Exhibit Drop Off – Irwin Building:
Friday, August 9, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, August 10, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
After the fair, entrants are welcome to donate their entries to VCRS. VCRS will either display the items at the recycling center on the outdoor education trail or auction them off during a future fundraiser. In either case, the creator will be given credit for creating the item.
Exhibit Pick Up – Irwin Building:
Tuesday, September 3, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, September 7, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
For general entry information and sub-categories, follow these links to: Creative Arts & Crafts, division 20, class 06