Contributed by Debbie Rinckey
Christmas Towne, Alaska
November 17th – December 18th
Thursday-Sunday for Five Magical Weekends
Christmas Towne, Alaska
Camp Gorsuch, Chugiak
You won’t want to miss this magical Christmas event. For the first year ever, Cortney Moore is bringing Christmas Towne, Alaska to all families in Alaska. Her motivation and dreams stem from the love of Christmas and providing a venue for her family along with all families to create wonderful memories and family traditions.
Cortney is accepting sponsorships and donations to fund this awesome event, and is committed to helping local charities and local groups to make sure everyone who can visit Christmas Towne has an incredible experience. She believes in a true community event, and will stop at nothing to make sure this is an amazing one!
Christmas Towne, Alaska is a Christmas village that brings the magic of Christmas to life by passionately providing the ultimate holiday experience for the entire family. Christmas Towne, Alaska creates an environment full of joy and wonder - a place where the magic of the season abounds, where children can develop personal relationships with Santa and Mrs. Claus and where families can enjoy Christmas with each other.
In Christmas Towne, Alaska children can spend time making handprint ornaments with Santa Claus, walking down Christmas-lit forest trails, shop for Christmas presents for the family in the many cozy vendor cabins and enjoy a myriad of other holiday experiences.
Some of those include:
• Cookies with Mrs. Claus – Hour long reservations in the kitchen for one-on-one experiences baking cookies from scratch.
• Ornaments with Santa – Half hour reservations to create handprint ornament keepsakes with one-on-one assistance from Santa Claus.
• Santa 5K Run – Dress as Santa, Mrs. Claus, an elf, a reindeer or in your favorite ornate/ugly Christmas sweater for special prizes.
• Christmas Towne Books – A book series about foster children finding the construction of Christmas Towne, Alaska in the woods - proceeds donated to foster children.
• Book nook full of donated books for all participants to enjoy and take home.
• Sled Dog Rides – Offered every hour of every day of the event.
• Photos with Santa
We will also be helping the Children’s Lunchbox (weekend of Nov 17th), the Food Bank of Alaska (weekend of Nov 24th), Foster children in Alaska (Dec 1st), Covenant House (Dec 8th), and the Pioneer Senior Center (Dec 15).
Tickets, vendor information, sponsor information and general information available at christmastownealaska.com.
Connect with us on:
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Snap Chat